Ðóññêèé • English
- RUSSIAN BIBLE SCHOOL (Distance Programme)
RUSSIAN BIBLE SCHOOL begins its first on-line course.
This course would be useful for both church members and people who do not attend any specific congregation yet.
We hope that in the future these people will continue their acquaintance with the fundamentals of Christian faith in the local churches.
Title: "EARLY CHRISTIANS SPEAK".
Length: 2 weeks.
Beginning: September 5, 2011.
A short summary of the course:
The course is free. It desires to spark students' interest with the life of the early church.
It uses lectures of the well-known Bible scholar and professor - Everett Ferguson, and looks into the following questions:
- The second coming of Christ,
- Demons and superstitions,
- The early Christian art and icons,
- Baptism in the early Church,
- Baptism of babies,
- Divorce and second marriage,
- Sabbath and the Lord's Day,
- Justine's liturgy,
- Women's classes.
During this course students will need to:
- download lectures and listen to them
(total length of all lectures ~19 hours, total size of the files ~250 Mb)
- answer questions
(they will be posted on the website)
- write 1 essay and participate in a discussion of other students' essays (the list of the essay topics will also be posted on our website)
- take an exam at the end of the course
(exam questions will be posted on the website prior to the exam).
Students will need to spend around 2 hours daily listening to the audio materials and answering questions. They'll have to post all of their answers and the essay on the website. They'll have access to all of the materials posted on the website, including lectures in MPS format.
Two of the necessary requirements: a desire to study and a present ability to use the Internet regularly.
Top of Page